2 ½ cups French-cut green beans
1/3 cup chopped white onion
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons fine crushed bread crumbs
1 can (10 ¾ oz) low sodium Cream of Mushroom soup
¼ cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon diced pimento
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Steam your fresh green beans. Bring about an inch of water to a boil in the bottom of a pot. Trim and clean your green beans and place them in a steamer basket. Set steamer basket into pot, over boiling water. Cover and steam until tender (about 3-5 minutes).
- In a separate pan, sauté your chopped onions in melted butter or margarine, until onion is tender. Stir in bread crumbs; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together soup, yogurt, pimiento and fresh ground pepper. Add green beans and stir well. Pour mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle onion and bread crumb mixture over the top of your green beans in your casserole dish.
- Place your casserole dish into pre-heated oven. Bake casserole for 25-30 minutes, or until the mixture is heated through and your bread crumbs are golden brown. Recipe makes about 5 servings.